Thursday, November 26, 2009

Brilliant Batik




There are times when I really miss being back home. When I do get into one of those moods, I go looking for items which remind myself of Malaysia. Of course, a "How to use Lah" novelty shirt can be amusing (and confusing to foreigners)...but for fashion purposes, I'm going to go with batik.

I'm not a fan of button down batik shirts because most are of a muddy colour tone. Neither am I a fan of the long/wide sleeved batik tops for women because that style looks really odd on me. However, I am a huge lover of colourful, silky batik scarves...like this one...



I bought this scarf, originally planning to use it as a headband. Unfortunately, it was too wide and did not look great in my hair. So I put it away for months. Tried it as a sash around my hips but meh, it was unflattering. Three years later, I rediscovered it while rummaging my closet and tried it as a top...success!

The material is very light and has a wee bit of stretch to it. This allows the fabric to actually take some of your body shape instead of just sticking out from the chest down. I folded it into triangular halves and looped each end around the back of my bra to make sure it stayed put. Finally, I tied the ends in a knot and there you go!

I chose to wear this risque top with a conservative peasant skirt to give it some balance. I can imagine the looks of horror from some Malaysians if they ever see me using a batik scarf in this manner. Heehee. I aim to please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsor Links

Custom Web Design & Marketing Services.
Professional Mini Site & Graphic Design
www.1800homepage.com

Making Money Online Made Easy.
Step By Step Process Building Any Type Of Business And Presence Online
www.1800homepage.com